Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Excitement on the homefront!

Several days ago I posted a picture of Terry's latest snake - a very pretty garden snake.  I have been its primary caregiver while Karen is off roaming with Barry.  Terry was here Sunday and got the snake out to enjoy - the snake had other ideas and put forth its horrendous smell and was quickly redeposited in its home.  Yesterday I discovered that the snake had departed its abode and was nowhere to be seen - that is until this morning.  That blasted snake was wrapped around my computer keyboard.  I figured I could catch it in a small towel but it was much faster than I.  Now, I will have to sleep knowing that that thing could creep across my bed at any moment.  Any suggestions on how to trap a snake would be welcomed!

2 comments:

  1. It is not that you need to know how to trap the snake. It is that you are able to outrun the snake that is important.

    Zane Grey may have some insights - was just reading his true stories of lassoing Mountain Lions in the Grand Canyon. http://books.google.com/books?id=rpfPAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA776

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! That IS exciting! I have no advice.... but good luck!

    ReplyDelete