Tuesday, August 23, 2011

sorry, no picture!

About six o'clock Terry asked me to go hiking in the wetlands with him and my binoculars.  With some reluctance I did agree to delay my dinner for a hike.  So off we went, Terry with a backpack loaded with the equipment he hoped to need for capturing assorted bugs etc.  Unfortunately it was very hot outside (I later learned that it was 92 at seven which only means it was a few degrees hotter at six).  Anyhow, we found a small creek and enjoyed watching some very tiny fish darting hither and yon - totally uncatchable!  We moved on to follow trail through the wilderness - weeds, that is.  He almost caught a bug here and there.  I sort of headed us towards the walkway that would take us home - Terry was not pleased when he realized what was happening but I was too overheated to continue plodding through the weeds in the full sunlight.  Then we were going up the street and somehow stopped to admire a wading pool in a front yard with a little girl having a great time splashing.  Terry walked up closer to the pool and wonder of wonder he had the long evasive joy of a capture - he captured a snake.  Since his last snake has found its home someplace unknown this was joy beyond joy.  The frosting on the snake was that he caught it all by himself - a first!   

2 comments:

  1. I hereby declare that the name of this snake shall be now and forever known as ...
    "Fluffles II"

    Signed,
    King Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahaha, the frosting on the snake? A family saying to be cherished forever.

    ReplyDelete